Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Remote Client

Former Community Member
Hi, I am having a problem where I can access LiveCycle Assembler with a bean and then that bean has a client that access it, but i want to make a client that access directly to the Assembler and i can not it trows me a NullPointer exception the first configuration it´s on the same computer but i want to do it remotly the connection i am doing from the remote client its<br /><br />try {<br />Hashtable<String,String> propsJNDI = new Hashtable<String,String>();<br />//Populate the HashtableE object with JNDI environment values<br /> propsJNDI.put("java.naming.factory.initial","org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");<br /> propsJNDI.put("java.naming.provider.url","jnp://edtimd043sw:1099");<br /> propsJNDI.put("java.naming.factory.url.pkgs","org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces"); <br /> <br /> <br />//Get an interface from the default initial context<br />Assembler7Home home = (Assembler7Home)Assembler7Util.getHome(propsJNDI);<br />asm = home.create();<br /><br />I do not know what is the problem because with the Bean I make the same conection and it is working well but when i tried to do it directly to the Assembler i can´t.<br /><br />can someone help me...
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Which line of code results in the NullPointerException? Can you post the stack trace? Its hard to say from the above code fragment what might be the problem.

Don

Former Community Member
Hi Don Walling this its the line that crash

Assembler7Home home = (Assembler7Home)Assembler7Util.getHome(propsJNDI);

in the hashtable on the debugger only appear 2 fields the java.naming.factory.initial and org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactpry are not in there

hope you can help me or send me in the rigth direction

Former Community Member
This seems like a java issue of some sort. The contents of the propsJNDI need all 3 of the entries to be valid. What does the stack trace look like?