Expand my Community achievements bar.

Remedy for Invalid Barcode Value error received while converting ifd forms to xdp format

Former Community Member
We are in process of converting our .IFD format forms recognized by Adobe o/p designer to .xdp format recognized by Livecycle product. I received the following error on conversion.

"Invalid Barcode value: 100244CR01900003R is an invalid value for barcodes of type code2OfMatrix."

It seems that code2of5 Barcode format only supports numbers (0-9) which is why Livecycle gives an error when alphanumeric data is encountered. But such error is not recieved while viewing PDF o/p in O/p designer with Alphanumeric values as data and field coded with code2of5 barcode format. Can anybody throw some light on this ?
2 Replies

Level 2
Hi Sushant, Even I am in the process of migrating .IFD files to .XDP files using Adobe LiveCycle Designer. Please let me know whether your Remedy for invalid barcode issue has been resolved or not as i am going through the same issue.

Former Community Member
Hi Ajay,

Although we did implement the LiveCycle Output ES for our application we decided to go for the Central Pro Server 5.6 for which the support is valid till the end of 2010.

For the Barcode issue we had to make changes to our existing application for the proper use of the LiveCycle Barcode functionality.

regards,

Sushant