Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

"Importing" Items to a drop-down list.

Former Community Member
Any help anyone could provide would be great. I've been searching for more info on dynamic drop-downs, but everything I've found is much more complex than I need.

I have a form set up (actually meant for printing than for xml use) for purchase order requests. Straightforward - who's ordering, when do they need it, where should purchasing get it, where should it be delivered and then a table of "item details" and "item costs", with a final tax and total calculation.

The only thing I want to do is introduce 2 drop-down menus - One where the user would select an project name and have an internal order number appears, and another to select an account to charge to and have the account number appear. I was planning to introduce two drop-downs for project name and account name and using the java switch statement, have those selections automatically populate two text fields where the associated numbers would appear. The other idea was to simply introduce the "numbers" for each item in the drop downs as VALUES (in the binding section), and then have two text fields that are bound to the user selected name field. In practice it worked - a user selects the text "Johnston Project" from the list and "200154" appears in the bound text box because 200154 is the "Value" associated with the text "Johnston Project". Unfortunately this doesn't allow for any user-entered numbers, whereby the switch statement would.

In any case, I have 74 project name/internal order numbers for one drop-down and 187 account description/account numbers for the other drop down. There's no need for these to be dynamic, as they don't change.

Any ideas how to import the data, rather than cut/paste for hours? I delved into the xml samples and attempted to add that way, and even built an XML file with my data, but in the end, I just can't make it work.
1 Reply

Former Community Member
Cory,

I'm with ya.. I'm having the same issue. Tried the xml and that didn't work. I have about 400 line items i need to add to a Contractor/Vendor list to choose from.

Hopefully someone will have an answer for us shortly.

-Tiffany