Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problems with Submitting a Adobe Livecycle Designer 8.0 created Form after Update to Adobe Prof. 8.1

Former Community Member
Hi folks,

can someone tell me, which problem is it? Forms created in Livecycle Designer 8.0 with Adobe Prof. 8.0 don't have problem with submitting, but with Adobe Prof. 8.1.

Thanks for help or information in adv!
6 Replies

Level 7
I don't think anyone can help unless you tell us more about what is

happening to you. What exactly happens? Please quote any error

messages in full.

Aandi Inston

Former Community Member
Hello Mr Aandi Inston,

thanks for your quick answer! My problem is the following: The functionality email submitting in Livecycle 8.0 created form under Adobe Prof. 8.1 is malfunction when you open the form in Adobe Reader 8.x. There are non error messages to able to locate the problem. When you click the submit button, nothing is happen. Forms created before update adobe prof. 8.0 to 8.1 didn't have problem like this.

Normally, after clicking submit button ms outlook popup with suitable subject, attachment and so on. Executing the form in Adobe Prof. you wont have problem to submit form per email. Now I suppose that this problem is caused by updating???

Why do I claim it? After failed testing the modified form based on dynamic interactive template form "Purchase Order.pdf" from Designer 8.0 under different windows os and ms office versions I tried to test the above-named template, the same problem you will get: email submitting is malfunction!

I hope, my description will be detailed enough to you and I'm glad to hearing from you soon!

Level 7
Thank you for the further details. I have no information on this

problem, but I hope someone else can help now we know the problem.

Aandi Inston

Former Community Member
Glad I found this. I am new to LiveCycle Designer. Had no problem creating the form. Sent it out and opened it in Reader 8, the Submit by email does not working. Nothing happens! What is going on. How is a person using Reader suppose to fill out a form and send it back?

Former Community Member
hi all,

great! It works! Ellen Goldman, thank you so much!!!

See you!

Level 2
Creating a form in Acrobat (not Designer), I found that Adobe Reader 8 couldn't submit a form that was set up to submit the entire PDF, but failed to give an error or alert message like it used to. It just did nothing. Submit button must be set up for FDF or XFDF in Acrobat. This may be useful for Designer users to know.

Harry