Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Problems opening LC 8

Former Community Member
I cannot open LiveCycle 8 from the start menu. It shows the flash screen then stops the opening process OR it opens Acrobat 8. The only way I can access LiveCycle 8 is from the Forms menu in Acrobat 8. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program but it still fails to work. Any suggestions?
5 Replies

Former Community Member
I have the exact same problem and uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat and Reader. I also had the trial version and didn't have any issues, only started when I bought the full version.

Former Community Member
Is your RAM up to the requirements? I'm hobbling along on 248Mb on this machine (upgrade is in the works) and the performance is terrible.

Former Community Member
I'm having the same problem with CS3 - cannot get Designer to open. I get the splash screen, then it opens Designer for about a second, closes Designer, and then automatically launches into Acrobat Professional. Has anyone been able to solve this? We're running Windows Vista with plenty of memory. We had problems with initial install and had to redo about three times. All other programs in the suite seem to be working correctly. I'm stumped, and apparently, so is customer support. Help!

LHigbee

Former Community Member
Update: After a lengthy call with Technical Support: Acrobat Professional Team, we were able to solve this. We first attempted an update to the new 8.1.0 version of Acrobat. But this did not solve the problem. In my case, I had a trial version of 8.0 installed previously on our machine. What we found was that there were two registry keys that were still remaining from the trial and weren't uninstalled or written over with the new, full install.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

SOFTWARE

Adobe

Designer

MasterApp & MasterKey (delete)

(Make SURE to do a registry backup FIRST before you try this....)

Once those were deleted, Designer now opens as expected without problems (and without having to go through Acrobat).

LHigbee

Former Community Member
But what about the same problem of Acrobat Prof - in MAC??? Oeksen37