Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Problem starting Workspace (ALC-WKS-007-000)

Level 3
Hi,

I can't get into Workspace. I try to login and it just returns "An error occurred during the operation. Please try again or contact your system administrator for assistance. (ALC-WKS-007-000)"

I managed to get in once... somehow and then a whole bunch of other errors appeared. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob V.
19 Replies

Level 3
More about this... in the server logs I have found that I'm getting the error ALC-WKS-005-002: Authentication error: a problem occured creating the default queue for user "administrator".

Level 10
Are you using the Administrator/password account. If not make sure your user has the Workspace user role associated with him.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Rob,

Have you resolve the issue? I have a similar issue, where sometimes I'm able to get in, but other time I couldn't with the same error message that you got.

Thanks for any help!

Level 10
Make sure the user you are using has the role "Workspace User" associated with them.

You can assign roles to users using the administrative console (http://localhost:8080/adminu).

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Jasmin,

I'm also getting the same Error message ("An error occurred during the operation. Please try again or contact your system administrator for assistance. (ALC-WKS-007-000)")when i'm trying to login to workspace with administrator/password.

i created a new user and assigned roles to it, but still i'm failing to log in.

Can you please help me out.

Thanks

Level 10
Can you post the stack trace from the app server log. If you use JBoss, it'll be under Adobe\LiveCycle8\jboss\server\log\server.log.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Hi Jasmin,

I'm using WebLogic, so can you please tell me the path of the server log.

Thanks

Mamatha

Level 10
try the following location /usr/local/bea/user_projects/domains/lc_domain/servers/lc_server1/logs/lc_server1.log

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Hi, Has this problem been resolved yet? what's the solution?

I just got the same error and couldn't login using administrator/password. This server is WebSphere/SQLserver. Nobody has used it for a long while, now nobody can login.

thanks

James

Level 10
What's in the app server log?

Jasmin

Former Community Member
[12/10/07 9:15:43:213 CST] 0000c01e DSConfigurati W DSRA8201W: DataSource Configuration: DSRA8040I: Failed to connect to the DataSource. Encountered java.sql.SQLException: The TCP/IP connection to the host has failed. java.net.SocketException: Operation timed out: connect:could be due to invalid addressDSRA0010E: SQL State = 08S01, Error Code = 0.

java.sql.SQLException: The TCP/IP connection to the host has failed. java.net.SocketException: Operation timed out: connect:could be due to invalid addressDSRA0010E: SQL State = 08S01, Error Code = 0

Former Community Member
There was a database connection problem, it's fixed I think, the "test connection" on the Data Source page worked. But still couldn't login with the same error code.

So I restarted those enterprise applications in WebSphere. But now "LiveCycle8" wouldn't start, with the following messages:

How to fix this please? TIA

[12/10/07 12:50:12:867 CST] 0000c01e SystemOut O Caused by: javax.resource.ResourceException: MessageEndpoint activation failed to find a started ResourceAdapter.

at com.ibm.ejs.j2c.RALifeCycleManagerImpl.activateEndpoint(RALifeCycleManagerImpl.java:1493)

at com.ibm.ejs.container.MessageEndpointFactoryImpl.activateEndpoint(MessageEndpointFactoryImpl.java:257)

at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.EJBContainerImpl.install(EJBContainerImpl.java:2974)

at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.EJBContainerImpl.start(EJBContainerImpl.java:3653)

at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.start(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:1312)

at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationImpl.fireDeployedObjectStart(DeployedApplicationImpl.java:1129)

at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedModuleImpl.start(DeployedModuleImpl.java:569)

at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationImpl.start(DeployedApplicationImpl.java:814)

at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.startApplication(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:965)

at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl$1.run(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:1495)

at com.ibm.ws.security.auth.ContextManagerImpl.runAs(ContextManagerImpl.java:3874)

at com.ibm.ws.security.auth.ContextManagerImpl.runAsSystem(ContextManagerImpl.java:3951)

at com.ibm.ws.security.core.SecurityContext.runAsSystem(SecurityContext.java:245)

at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.startApplication(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:1500)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:64)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:615)

at sun.reflect.misc.Trampoline.invoke(MethodUtil.java:62)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor139.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:615)

at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.invoke(MethodUtil.java:265)

at javax.management.modelmbean.RequiredModelMBean.invokeMethod(RequiredModelMBean.java:1089)

at javax.management.modelmbean.RequiredModelMBean.invoke(RequiredModelMBean.java:971)

at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.DynamicMetaDataImpl.invoke(DynamicMetaDataImpl.java:231)

at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MetaDataImpl.invoke(MetaDataImpl.java:238)

at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:833)

at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:802)

at com.ibm.ws.management.AdminServiceImpl$1.run(AdminServiceImpl.java:1080)

at com.ibm.ws.security.util.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:118)

at com.ibm.ws.management.AdminServiceImpl.invoke(AdminServiceImpl.java:973)

at com.ibm.ws.management.commands.AdminServiceCommands$InvokeCmd.execute(AdminServiceCommands.java:251)

at com.ibm.ws.console.core.mbean.MBeanHelper.invoke(MBeanHelper.java:239)

at com.ibm.ws.console.appdeployment.ApplicationDeploymentCollectionAction.execute(ApplicationDeploymentCollectionAction.java:536)

at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:484)

at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:274)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1486)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:528)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:763)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:989)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:930)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:118)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain._doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:87)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:761)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:673)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:498)

at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:464)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:308)

at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.java:1070)

at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.doForward(TilesRequestProcessor.java:273)

at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(RequestProcessor.java:455)

at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(TilesRequestProcessor.java:319)

at com.ibm.isclite.container.controller.InformationController.processForwardConfig(InformationController.java:159)

at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:279)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1486)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:528)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:763)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:989)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:930)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:145)

at com.ibm.ws.console.core.servlet.WSCUrlFilter.setUpCommandAssistence(WSCUrlFilter.java:792)

at com.ibm.ws.console.core.servlet.WSCUrlFilter.continueStoringTaskState(WSCUrlFilter.java:363)

at com.ibm.ws.console.core.servlet.WSCUrlFilter.doFilter(WSCUrlFilter.java:229)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:190)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:130)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain._doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:87)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:761)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:673)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:498)

at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:464)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.CacheServletWrapper.handleRequest(CacheServletWrapper.java:90)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:744)

at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:1433)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:100)

at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:465)

at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewInformation(HttpInboundLink.java:394)

at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpICLReadCallback.complete(HttpICLReadCallback.java:102)

at com.ibm.ws.ssl.channel.impl.SSLReadServiceContext$SSLReadCompletedCallback.complete(SSLReadServiceContext.java:1815)

at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:152)

at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:213)

at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.fireCompletionActions(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:195)

at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture.java:136)

at com

Level 10
It looks like it can't connect to the database anymore.

Have you tried restarting the application server?

Jasmin

Former Community Member
in the process of trying to do just that... if only I could cut through all those buerocratic roadblocks.

Former Community Member
Restart WebSphere fixed the problem. After the "Data Source" got re-configured, need to restart WebSphere.

Former Community Member
For What It's Worth: we found that users were being locked out of Workspace with LiveCycle ES installed on WebLogic 9.2.

There is a hard coded reference to Port 7001 deep inside Livecycle ES.

When the problem occurred we were running the Weblogic Console on a dedicated domain - listening on port 7001. And we were running the livecycle ears on another domain - listening on another port.

To fix it we reconfigured the port number to 7001 of the domain that the livecycle ear files were on.

If you have any questions feel free to contact us.

Lachlan

http://www.avoka.com

Level 9
There is a file called: adobe-workspace-runtime.war\WEB-INF\classes\com\adobe\workspace\livecycle.properties

that you can modify to change your port settings.

(If this is the problem you're experiencing.)

Thanks to Uday of Adobe Support for this tip.

Howard

Former Community Member
I'm having this same problem but with Jboss. Adding a user to the workspace role didn't help and I've restarted the app server a few times.

Former Community Member
Hi Guys,

The problem with the Weblogic port and users not been able to login to workspace has been resolved in LC 8.2 SP1.

We upgraded the LCES server to 8.2 and it solved the problem.

regards,

Parth