Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problem in Accessing ADS

Former Community Member
Hello All,

I have configure my form manager with our corporated ADS.

But I am facing some problem in that.

It is not showing all the users present into the ADS and I am unable to login into the Form Manager also with the userid which are not showing.

Did any one faced such problem earlier and let me know the solution if any one has ??

Regards,

Abhishek
12 Replies

Former Community Member
Hello All,

Me again I am finding that after doing ADS setting and sychronzing it our adminui is not synchronizing with ADS properly..

Is any one of you also faced any such problem let me know ???

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Community Member
Hi Howard,

I had already applied this patch but It is not working.

Regards,

Abhishek

Level 9
Synchronizing with LDAP is quite tricky, and seems to almost always take a long time.

Some tips:

- Use Softerrra LDAP browser to make sure the values you're typing in are correct

- Click the "Test server" button to make sure you can connect from the LDAP configuration page

- Bump up your logging threshold to DEBUG in jboss/server/all/cfg/log4j.xml - this will give you more details about what LDAP synch is trying to do.

- Keep trying!

Good luck!

Howard

Former Community Member
Something for you.

I am not sure What values you are asking I should check becz

I had give toplevel BaseDn and able to connect to ADS. Test server shows connection is successful.

Can you specify me what do you mean be "it takes a long time" ?

Should I wait for some time after pressing synchronize ?

Level 9
Hi

I mean it usually takes me a long time before I get all the parameters right.

Try setting the Log4J threshold to DEBUG - that will tell you if anything is happening.

Howard

Former Community Member
Hi Howard,

I again want to make some thing confirm.

We are not facing any problem in intigrating Workflow server with ADS we are facing problem in fetching some userid which is newly created in ADS.

I again synchronized our ADS with Workflow server and also tried to restart the server but both were not working.

We had seen really very unpredictable behaviour in this intigration

I made one more setup and intigrated with the same ads and missing some more ids whic are available in another one.

Setting Log4j to debug I am not sure on this how to move ahead with this.

Thanks for your consisten help

Level 9
Hi<br />The synchronization process may take quite a while to run, depending on how much data you've got in your LDAP.<br />To see what it's actually doing:<br />- open jboss/server/all/conf/log4j.xml<br />- Find this line:<br /> <appender name="FILE" class="org.jboss.logging.appender.DailyRollingFileAppender"><br />- Then a few lines further down, change:<br /> <param name="Threshold" value="INFO"/><br />to:<br /> <param name="Threshold" value="DEBUG"/><br />- save the file<br />- then wait 30 seconds or so for JBoss to pick up the modified file.<br />You should get a new log file, this one with much more information about what happens when you do a synch.<br /><br />Use baretail http://www.baremetalsoft.com/baretail/ to monitor the log file in real time.<br /><br />Howard<br />http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
Hi Howard,

I got the line but what changes I have to made is not reflecting in your massage post can you repeat that again so I can modify the and look into the log which can help me to find out the error.

Thanks

Abhishek

Level 9
Hi<br />Sorry, not sure what happened with the body of that post.<br />Trying again:<br />To see what it's actually doing: <br />- open jboss/server/all/conf/log4j.xml <br />- Find this line: <br /> <appender name="FILE" class="org.jboss.logging.appender.DailyRollingFileAppender"> <br />- Then a few lines further down, change: <br />param name="Threshold" value="INFO"/ <br />to: <br />param name="Threshold" value="DEBUG"/<br />(angle brackets removed)<br />- save the file <br />- then wait 30 seconds or so for JBoss to pick up the modified file. <br />You should get a new log file, this one with much more information about what happens when you do a synch.

Former Community Member
Hi All,

I am able to find the solution of the above problem.

earlier I am unable to Bind mine workflow with ADS using anonymous binding so I used a id but that id did not had admin permission on the server which I had installed the server when I had given that id the admin privilege it start working fine.

I am not sure why earlier also I can able to retrieve some data

any way I am able to sort out my problem

Thanks for your kind support..

Level 9
Glad you're up and running...

Howard