Problem getting xml out of Document variable

Avatar

Avatar
Validate 1
Level 5
yodadobe
Level 5

Likes

12 likes

Total Posts

298 posts

Correct reply

10 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Boost 5
Boost 3
Boost 10
Boost 1
View profile

Avatar
Validate 1
Level 5
yodadobe
Level 5

Likes

12 likes

Total Posts

298 posts

Correct reply

10 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Boost 5
Boost 3
Boost 10
Boost 1
View profile
yodadobe
Level 5

03-02-2009

I have done this before, but I am getting a coercion error in this particular process.



I have a document variable that contains data submitted as XDP. I can verify during playback that the content is XML. I need to access data in this. I first am using a setValue to move it to an XML variable. This is where I am getting the coercion error.

Replies

Avatar

Avatar
Validate 1
Level 5
yodadobe
Level 5

Likes

12 likes

Total Posts

298 posts

Correct reply

10 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Boost 5
Boost 3
Boost 10
Boost 1
View profile

Avatar
Validate 1
Level 5
yodadobe
Level 5

Likes

12 likes

Total Posts

298 posts

Correct reply

10 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Boost 5
Boost 3
Boost 10
Boost 1
View profile
yodadobe
Level 5

03-02-2009

The process where I have done this before was long lived and this one is short lived. Would that be an issue?

Avatar

Avatar
Validate 1
Level 4
Aditya_S_
Level 4

Like

1 like

Total Posts

315 posts

Correct reply

0 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Boost 1
View profile

Avatar
Validate 1
Level 4
Aditya_S_
Level 4

Like

1 like

Total Posts

315 posts

Correct reply

0 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Boost 1
View profile
Aditya_S_
Level 4

04-02-2009

Does this process still work if you change it to a long lived process ?



Aditya

Avatar

Avatar
Coach
Level 10
Jasmin_Charbonn
Level 10

Likes

149 likes

Total Posts

2,154 posts

Correct reply

97 solutions
Top badges earned
Coach
Give Back 1000
Give back 900
Give Back 800
Give back 600
View profile

Avatar
Coach
Level 10
Jasmin_Charbonn
Level 10

Likes

149 likes

Total Posts

2,154 posts

Correct reply

97 solutions
Top badges earned
Coach
Give Back 1000
Give back 900
Give Back 800
Give back 600
View profile
Jasmin_Charbonn
Level 10

04-02-2009

This should work. It shouldn't matter if it's long or short lived.



Are you sure the error is on that conversion.



Jasmin

Avatar

Avatar
Validate 1
Level 5
yodadobe
Level 5

Likes

12 likes

Total Posts

298 posts

Correct reply

10 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Boost 5
Boost 3
Boost 10
Boost 1
View profile

Avatar
Validate 1
Level 5
yodadobe
Level 5

Likes

12 likes

Total Posts

298 posts

Correct reply

10 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Boost 5
Boost 3
Boost 10
Boost 1
View profile
yodadobe
Level 5

04-02-2009

This is in a sub process. I have now moved the failing setValue mapping back into the parent long lived process and it works.



Other differences is the variable in the sub process is a document and a Document Form in the parent process. I was passing the Document Form in then trying to get the data out of it. I am now moving the data out into an xml variable, then to an xfaForm and passing in the xfaForm. The reason I would prefer the first way is I am calling the sub process multiple times and have to add the extra set value step in front of most of them.



I had even tried using a script step instead of a setValue. I tried using getInputStream off the document object as well the read methods. All I got was three characters total.

Avatar

Avatar
Validate 1
Level 3
JoshDBoyle-DVzR
Level 3

Likes

2 likes

Total Posts

94 posts

Correct reply

2 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Boost 1
Affirm 1
View profile

Avatar
Validate 1
Level 3
JoshDBoyle-DVzR
Level 3

Likes

2 likes

Total Posts

94 posts

Correct reply

2 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Boost 1
Affirm 1
View profile
JoshDBoyle-DVzR
Level 3

12-02-2009

S. Bishop



Have you tried using the exportData service? You should be able to extract the XML data from the Document using it.



Josh Boyle

jboyle@cardinalsolutions.com

Cardinal Solutions Group

Avatar

Avatar
Validate 1
Level 5
yodadobe
Level 5

Likes

12 likes

Total Posts

298 posts

Correct reply

10 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Boost 5
Boost 3
Boost 10
Boost 1
View profile

Avatar
Validate 1
Level 5
yodadobe
Level 5

Likes

12 likes

Total Posts

298 posts

Correct reply

10 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Boost 5
Boost 3
Boost 10
Boost 1
View profile
yodadobe
Level 5

13-02-2009

I believe the core issue was that the content type on the document was not set. I already changed my process and got around the issue another way, but ran into another similar issue where setting the content type fixed it.



I would bet the coercion utility uses the content type to decide what to do.