Expand my Community achievements bar.

Printing Paper Form Barcode using Adobe Reader 7.0.5

Former Community Member
I have created a fillable form using Adobe LifeCycle Designer 7.0.041126.0, the form requires a user to select from a dropdown list a single item and a Paper Forms Barcode is generated that includes the item from the dropdown list as well as Static Field value. When testing the Form using the Designer tool or Acrobat Professional a barcode is generated with the appropiate information and is readable. When using Acrobat Reader 7.05 barcode appears to be created and user is able to print, but when you attempt to read the barcode, value return is as follows "".

The fillable PDF is loaded using the Reader, user is not allowed to save the changes.

Do I require a particular plug-in or license to be able to Print the fillable PDF with Adobe Reader?

If, I add a PDF 417 barcode to the document which is read only, I am able to print and read the barcode properly.
1 Reply

Former Community Member
The Adobe LiveCycle Barcoded Forms product is actually something you will need to license to be able to use.

When you fill in forms using Acrobat you do not require a license to encode the PDF417 Barcodes, however, for the free Reader to encode the Barcodes so that they may be read by a third-party Decoder, you will need to license the technology.

You can license the technology as part of a full LiveCycle implementation or purchase the stand-alone license (Barcoded Forms 7.0 ST).