Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Preview PDF - not working???

Former Community Member
Our organisation just upgraded to Adobe CS3. I had been using Adobe Designer (the previous version) to create pdf forms. I was able to preview the pdf forms within Designer. Now that we've upgraded to LiveCycle Designer, I don't seem to have that option. I noticed there is the option in View, Preview PDF, but for some reason it's greyed out and I cannot select it. I thought perhaps it had something to do with the fact the forms had been created in an older version, but the Preview PDF option isn't even available when I create new forms.

How do I get the Preview PDF working????

Thanks!
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Good morning Cheryl,

I would do a repair of the Adobe Professional installation from within COntrol Panel with all programs closed out. Once you click on the Change/Remove button you will get a screen to "Repair the Installation". Follow the prompts.

Make it a great day!

Pam

Former Community Member
I have the same problem. I had version 7 and everything was working hunky dory but I wanted some of the new features of 8.

I installed the full version of 8, told it to uninstall 7 during the installation, did the online update to 8.1.... still haven't seen the preview page, button, or tab since.

I need to find out what is going on....

Thanks,

Eileen

Former Community Member
Pam - Thanks for the tip, but it didnt' work. I went to change/remove and had no option to repair the installation.

I DID however manage to solve the problem!!!! At first I reinstalled it...but that didn't change anything. I uninstalled it, and as I was doing it remembered I had installed Adobe Reader 6 the previous week (for testing purposes). I thought maybe it was causing problems witht he pdf preview so I uninstalled that as well.

When I installed Livecycle again, it worked perfect! The pdf preview is working great! Maybe there was a conflict with having the reader 6 installed on the computer as well as the new reader? Not sure, but it's working!

Just thought I'd give an update!

Thanks for the responces!

Cheryl

Former Community Member
Hi Cheryl,

Kudos to you for solving your problem!

I'm curious though, if you did in fact, click the "add/remove button" from the "Add/Remove programs" module within Control Panel? The first screen of the Adobe Acrobat 8.1 setup tells you that you are allowed to modify, repair or remove Acrobat. After clicking on next you are given a screen to make one of those selections.

Perhaps you didn't get that far. But anyway, kudos to you.

I can understand why installing an older version of Acrobat Reader gave you problems with your initial installation of Acrobat and LiveCycle Designer. A file with the same name must have gotten overwritten and broke the viewer in Designer. In your initial email you talked about the new install of CS3 which gave me the idea of repairing your original installation.

Well onward ho!

Pam