Expand my Community achievements bar.

Populate a drop-down list with the values in a list box?

Former Community Member
Hello,

I have a need for my end user to do the following:

1) Enter in up to 5 locations (text fields named: Location_x)

2) As each location is entered, they are added to a list box (list box named: trainingLocation)

3) Approve the list of locations

Upon clicking the approval button, I want that list of locations to populate drop-down lists throughout the form.

This is what I have thus far:

1) Text fields that are filled in have the following on "exit":

trainingLocation.addItem(Location_3);

2) An approve button with the following on "click":

for(nJ = 0; nJ < trainingLocation.length; nJ++)

Subform3.DropDownList2.addItem(trainingLocation[nJ]);

What I'm left with is a drop-down list that states: "empty" for each value.

Any help/insight is greatly appreciated, thanks!

(also, I want to have all processing done internal to the document and not have to write out to an .xml and re-import....if at all possible.
2 Replies

Former Community Member
Did you ever figure this out? I have a similar problem - basically i want to do the exact same thing, but I don't necessarily want to add the values to a list-box. (i.e. populate drop-down options on-the-fly as the end-user enters in values for text fields).

so on PG.1 of the form, the user enters 4 different names, each in their own text field box (i.e. Person1, Person2, Person3, Person 4). On Pg.2 of the form, I have various drop-downs. I want to add the "Person" entries on Pg.1 to the list options in the drop-down fields on Pg.2

Former Community Member
Never got an answer or idea on this, I ended up giving up!

I hope to re-look at it some day, but we are still using Excel to do the document we were hoping to have LiveCycle replace.

I remember you needed to have a server/database to pull the info from, it couldn't be stored in the document.

Good luck!