Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Polulating a numeric field from a drop down list with its value

Former Community Member
OK. I am new here and I have tried to search for this answer. I am trying to populate a numeric field from a drop down list. I associated values with my drop down list and I want that value to be in the numeric field.

I have it working to the point that the field fills in but always with zero not the actual number associated with the drop down list.

I put this in under CHANGE in the drop down list.

numericfield1.rawValue =xfa.event.newText;

I also tried newValue instead of newText but it did the same thing.

Any suggestions?

Also can I call the numeric field (i.e.) n3? I am totalling all of the sums and I named them all n1, n2, etc...... It doesn't seem to like the name.

Also one more issue. I want to check a check box and have a value fill in the numeric field. How do I do this.

Thanks. I can send my form to you if you need it. Any help is appreciated.

I love the program but dont know code but learning.
1 Reply

Level 6
Hi Charles,

If you assign something that isn't a number to a numeric field, it shows you a zero. The rawValue from a drop down is a string, so you need to cast it to a number. Try using the JavaScript ParseInt function. The second parameter is the radix (base 10). Something like:

var strNumberishString = xfa.event.newText;

var nIntegerThing = parseInt(strNumberishString,10);

oNumericField.rawValue = nIntegerThing;

I hope that works for you.

Jared Langdon

J. Langdon Consulting

www.jlangdon.ca