Expand my Community achievements bar.

PDFM_S02011: Document "baseDocument" cannot be assembled because it is an XFA-based form

Former Community Member
Hi,<br /><br />i am getting the following error when i am trying to assemble 2 pdf files using EJB invocation.<br /><br />PDFM_S02011: Document "baseDocument" cannot be assembled because it is an XFA-based form<br /><br />i have configured 2 pdf files in an DDX file as given below:<br /><br /> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <br /> <DDX xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/DDX/1.0/"><br /> <PDF result="out.pdf"><br /> <PDF source="cover.pdf" /> <br /> <PDF source="picnic.pdf" /> <br /> </PDF><br /> </DDX><br /><br />Two PDF files also placed in the same folder where DDX is placed. Can anyone help me in resolving this?
7 Replies

Level 10
As the error mentioned, you can't assembler multiple xfa based PDF together. Only the baseDocument ca be xfa based.

To remove the xfa nature of a document, you can use the command.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Jasmin,<br /><br />Thanks for your reply.<br /><br />i tried it by configuring like this:<br /><br /><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><br /><DDX xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/DDX/1.0/"><br /><PDF result="out.pdf"><br /><PDF source="cover.pdf" /><br /><NOXFA><br /><PDF source="picnic.pdf" /><br /></NOXFA><br /></PDF><br /></DDX><br /><br />Is this correct? Why because now i am getting different error. It's given below:<br /><br />DDXM_S00010: The DDX did not pass basic validation against the schema. Check the job log for details.

Former Community Member
Its "NoXFA" and it goes inside of the PDF that you want to remove XFA-ness from. So:

<PDF source="picnic.pdf">

<NoXFA />

</PDF>

Former Community Member
It seems the base document should not be XFA becasue i was getting the same error (Document "baseDocument" cannot be assembled because it is an XFA-based form) when i set <NoXFA> to the "picnic.pdf".<br /><br />So i set the base document as <NoXFA> as given below:<br /><br /><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><br /><DDX xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/DDX/1.0/"><br /> <PDF result="out.pdf"><br /> <PDF source="cover.pdf"><br /> <NoXFA/><br /> </PDF><br /> <PDF source="picnic.pdf"><br /> </PDF><br /> </PDF><br /></DDX><br /><br />Now the error is:<br /><br />Caused by: com.adobe.internal.pdfm.util.exceptions.PDFMException: PDFM_S02014: Document "cover.pdf" is a dynamic XFA form. Use LiveCycle Output to flatten the dynamic XFA.<br /><br />How to do that?

Former Community Member
Is this LC ES? You'd have to run the cover.pdf through the OutputService to render and flatten the XFA.

Former Community Member
Hi,<br /><br />i have assembled two PDFs now. For that i have done 2 things<br /><br />1. Opened the pdf in "Live Cycle Designer" and saved it as a static PDF<br />2. Added <NoXFA> tag for the non-base document.<br /><br />Now i am rendering two PDFs from "XDP" file and trying to assemble these two PDFs. It's throwing the following error:<br /><br />PDFM_S02014: Document "cover_static.pdf" is a dynamic XFA form. Use LiveCycle Output to flatten the dynamic XFA.<br /><br />How to flatten the dynamic XFA when we are rendering PDF?

Level 4
Hi,

Senthilaig, is your problem solved?

I have a similar case. I have a flat PDF and in order to display it in Workspace I merge it with an XFA based from which has process fields on it. But the 2 documents cannot be merged unless I remove XFA-ness from the second form. But at that point the process fields are removed and I I cannot submit the merged PDF.

What is the solution for displaying and submitting a flat PDF in Workspace?

Thanks