Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

PayPal Button in Livescycle Fill-in form

Former Community Member
I have created a form in Livecycle Designer that calculates the total amount due after you have made your selections. I need to have that total amount on a PayPal Button. PayPal has their "Buy it Now" button in HTML. Is it possible to do this? Is anyone willing to help me out on this?

I had no problem designing the form, but I am not good at XML and JavaScript.

Thanks
9 Replies

Level 9
Hi

Please repost your question in the LiveCycle Designer forum. This is the LiveCycle Workflow Designer forum. (Confusing, I know.)

Howard Treisman

Former Community Member
It has been posted there for awhile with no response. I was told by Adobe Tech support today to post it here, to get to the people that could help.

I told him I didn't want to get "flamed" for posting in the wrong place.

Is this process so elementary that my ignorance is showing, or is this really that complex of a request that it can't be done? I have posted on at least 6 different forums including PayPal forums to no avail.

Sorry for misplacing this post.

Level 9
Hi Jodie

Try putting the following Javascript code under a button on your form. You'll need to tweak things a little to make it work with your form.

// Get the item name and cost from a field on the page

var name = form1.page1.ItemName.rawValue;

var cost = form1.page1.Cost.rawValue;

// Construct the paypal url. Change the email address and currency code as appropriate

var url = "https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=me@mybusiness.com&currency_code=USD"

// Append the item and amount parts of the url

url = url + "&item_name=" + name;

url = url + "&amount=" + cost;

// Launch the web page. true means "open in a new browser window"

app.launchURL(url, true);

Good luck!

Howard

Level 1

Hi Howard,

I'm trying to use the code you provide here but I'm stuck on this part:

Here's what I've come up with:

----- form1.#subform[0].Header.Button1::initialize: - (JavaScript, both) ---------------------------

// Get the item name and cost from a field on the page

var name = form1.page1.TextField1.rawValue;

var cost = form1.page1.numTotalMaterial.rawValue;

// Construct the paypal url. Change the email address and currency code as appropriate

var url = "https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=paypal@huri-translations.pf&currency_co//www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=paypal@huri-translations.pf&currency_co de=USD"

// Launch the web page. true means "open in a new browser window"

app.launchURL(url, true);

What do I have to change in the code lines?

Thanks for your help

Tamatoa

Former Community Member
Thank you!
VERY much, I will give this a try in the AM... To late to start a new project tonight. LOL

I will see if I can put this together with the information within HTML from the PayPal button.

Former Community Member
Thank you!
VERY much, I will give this a try in the AM... To late to start a new project tonight. LOL

I will see if I can put this together with the information within HTML from the PayPal button.

Former Community Member
Mr. Treisman,

My E-mail is in my profile. Would you E-mail me?

I need more help.

thanks

Jodie

Level 9
Hi Jodie

I don't see your email. You can get me on htreisman "at" avoka.com

Howard

Former Community Member
Hello Everyone,

I have the same issue; I would really appreciate some help too, please. Howard, I would happily apply your advice, but I'm afraid it would have to be put through a dumbing down before I would know how to use that!

Many thanks in advance,

NLF