Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

PayPal Button in Livescycle Fill-in form

I have created a form in Livecycle Designer that calculates the total amount due after you have made your selections. I need to have that total amount on a PayPal Button. PayPal has their "Buy it Now" button in HTML. Is it possible to do this? Is anyone willing to help me out on this?

I had no problem designing the form, but I am not good at XML and JavaScript.

Thanks
9 Replies

Level 9
Hi

Please repost your question in the LiveCycle Designer forum. This is the LiveCycle Workflow Designer forum. (Confusing, I know.)

Howard Treisman
It has been posted there for awhile with no response. I was told by Adobe Tech support today to post it here, to get to the people that could help.

I told him I didn't want to get "flamed" for posting in the wrong place.

Is this process so elementary that my ignorance is showing, or is this really that complex of a request that it can't be done? I have posted on at least 6 different forums including PayPal forums to no avail.

Sorry for misplacing this post.

Level 9
Hi Jodie

Try putting the following Javascript code under a button on your form. You'll need to tweak things a little to make it work with your form.

// Get the item name and cost from a field on the page

var name = form1.page1.ItemName.rawValue;

var cost = form1.page1.Cost.rawValue;

// Construct the paypal url. Change the email address and currency code as appropriate

var url = "https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=me@mybusiness.com&currency_code=USD"

// Append the item and amount parts of the url

url = url + "&item_name=" + name;

url = url + "&amount=" + cost;

// Launch the web page. true means "open in a new browser window"

app.launchURL(url, true);

Good luck!

Howard

Level 1

Hi Howard,

I'm trying to use the code you provide here but I'm stuck on this part:

Here's what I've come up with:

----- form1.#subform[0].Header.Button1::initialize: - (JavaScript, both) ---------------------------

// Get the item name and cost from a field on the page

var name = form1.page1.TextField1.rawValue;

var cost = form1.page1.numTotalMaterial.rawValue;

// Construct the paypal url. Change the email address and currency code as appropriate

var url = "https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=paypal@huri-translations.pf&currency_co//www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=paypal@huri-translations.pf&currency_co de=USD"

// Launch the web page. true means "open in a new browser window"

app.launchURL(url, true);

What do I have to change in the code lines?

Thanks for your help

Tamatoa

Thank you!
VERY much, I will give this a try in the AM... To late to start a new project tonight. LOL

I will see if I can put this together with the information within HTML from the PayPal button.
Thank you!
VERY much, I will give this a try in the AM... To late to start a new project tonight. LOL

I will see if I can put this together with the information within HTML from the PayPal button.
Mr. Treisman,

My E-mail is in my profile. Would you E-mail me?

I need more help.

thanks

Jodie

Level 9
Hi Jodie

I don't see your email. You can get me on htreisman "at" avoka.com

Howard
Hello Everyone,

I have the same issue; I would really appreciate some help too, please. Howard, I would happily apply your advice, but I'm afraid it would have to be put through a dumbing down before I would know how to use that!

Many thanks in advance,

NLF