Expand my Community achievements bar.

olaaaa..:) LiveCycle and Win XP Install problem.

Former Community Member
Hello.

I'm Trying to install and deploy development environment for LiveCycle ES.

I have installed Java jdk1.5.0_11, JAVA_PATH and PATH are ok.

Also I have downloaded lces801-jboss.zip for Windows.

When I try to run livecycle_server\8.0\win_livecycle8_setup.exe I get following message with InstallShield Wizard:

exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException at com.adobe.installshield.wrapper.main.CustomLauncher.main livecycle...

here is the image of error:

http://fliiby.com/file/16512/e9vxivkjfl.html

any idea what it could be ?

tnx
3 Replies

Former Community Member
I don't believe that there is support for installing LiveCycle ES server on XP. Workbench ES is supported on XP but not the server.

You will also want to ensure that you install on a machine that has at minimum 2GB of RAM on the computer.

Hope that helps!

Former Community Member
Divjak, thank you for the screen capture. The only thing that looked unusual is "user.language=sr". It assume you are not running on an English system? Do you have any other log messages?

While Windows XP is not an officially supported LiveCycle operating system, I have been able to successfully use it as a development environment.

Please post if you have been able to resolve this issue.

Level 2
Divjak,

You installed jdk1.5.0_11 but in the screenshot the java.vm.version shows up as 1.5.0_b64. Was there another 1.5.0 SDK on the system before? I've seen cases where there is a java executable in one of the Windows folders included in the PATH variable, i.e. one of these:

Path=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;....

May I suggest you open a command window and check the version of the java SDK on the path? You'd do this with:

java -version

On my system, java.vm.version is '1.5.0_11-b03' and the output of "java -version" is:

java version "1.5.0_11"

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_11-b03)

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_11-b03, mixed mode)