Expand my Community achievements bar.

Numeric Calculate Override

Former Community Member
Hi All

I am setting up a form that will calculate a total volume but allow the user to override this figure when required.

I have set the Value Type to Calculate: User Can Override. In Show:Calculate I have .... numCtn*numItems*numPack ....this calculates OK on the form, allows the user to change and brings up the confirmation message. However, once this message is confirmed it reverts back to the calculated value. I do not know why the field does not keep the override value!

Can anyone help me with this one? Thanks......
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Looks like this isn't working properly. A simple work around is to not make it a calculated field and set the value of the field in a script in the initialize event of the field.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
In Designer, set the field back to "User Entered". Then in the script editor, choose the initialize event and use a script to set the value.

For example:

$.rawValue = "123"

would set it to 123. Or:

$.rawValue = NumericField1 + NumericField2

would set it to the sum of the two numeric fields.

These examples are in FormCalc.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
When I applied the calculation to Initialize it still didn't function - I assumed because there was no data in the fields when it initially opens?

However, when applied to Enter it did work and also allowed the user to override.

Thanks Chris.