Expand my Community achievements bar.

Newbie problems: repeating fields running off page, formcalc on repeating columns

Level 3

I'm having multiple problems with my form- I'd like to attach/upload it but I haven't been able to figure out how.

1) I have a set of repeating fields (add instance of subform comprised of two fields) that repeat left to right across the page just fine, but when they reach the right margin they don't wrap to the next line, they just run right out of the subform and off of the page. How do I corral them to stay inside the lines?

2) In another area of the form, I have a repeating row/table. At the bottom of each column, in the footer, I need to have the sum/total of the columns above it. I have made it work in just one column with Formcalc:

$ = Sum(Row1[*].Summary_AmtBilled)

but in subsequent columns the formula's not working. I have set the object>value type to calculated/read only for all of them.

3) Lastly, how do you set the tab order for a repeating row so that the user can just tab along the rows as they add? In my add instance repeating row, the next row adds on exit but the tab skips it and goes to the footer.

I have to add that I am woefully ignorant still of Javascript and Formcalc. I'm just a graphic designer, and very very new at interactivity and data things.

Many thanks!

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

I don't understand your first problem, I have had something similar with repeating groups going down the page when the containing subform doesn't allow page breaks, but I haven't had a problem going left top right,  Seems strange that you can get one total working and not another.Tabbing can also be a bit of a problem.

But I think you will have to post your form somewhere and add a link to this thread.  There are lots of places to host a file, a lot of people use Acrobat.com (just remmeber to publish/share it)

Regards

Bruce

Level 3

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for responding! I have no idea if this link will work, I've never done this before.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bpi9f2eyxbha4i8/AFBS%20PaidClaim_TESTV7.pdf

The first trouble spot is under the DOS Date Range: It's the pair of date fields that are set to add instance when the second of them is changed.

The column addition problem is in the table with the nine columns.

Please let me know if my link doesn't work- I'll call IT and ask for help....

Level 3

OK, I'm an idiot- Re: my table column calculations: I can see that I made the dumbest newbie mistake: I had the script editor set for Javascript instead of Formcalc. Duh!

So now I just need help with my runaway add instances....

Level 10

Your flow problem is because the parent subform of the repeating row (the object DOSDateRange) has auto fit width set, if you clear this (in the layout palette) and set the width the amount left in the content area "6.993in" in your case, the dates flow across and down the

page.

Regards

Bruce

Level 3

Holy mackerel, thank you so much. I don't think I would have ever figured that out. I managed a clumsy workaround, but doing it correctly is so much more elegant.

Many thanks!