Expand my Community achievements bar.

Need to access Livecycle database to update tables

Former Community Member
Hi,

I need to access the livecycle database and manually update fields in a couple of database tables(basically, need to reset some user passwords).Can some advise regarding , whether or not i can access livecycle database using tools like toad or sql developer, and if yes how?
6 Replies

Former Community Member
You can access the database through a tool, depending on what database you are using. If you are going to reset user passwords, why not use the admin ui from LC?

Former Community Member
Regarding changing the password through LC admin console,Thats the very problem, the livecycle admin password has been lost , and its the same that I am trying to reset through the database, so that i could login and change a few configurations.

Actually i am using somebody else's installation and not able to figure out what database has been configured. I am kinda new to livecycle, is there a way I could find out what database is currently used and its location?

Level 4
The JDBC configuration within the WebLogic Admin Console will give you details of the database being used.

Former Community Member
I hope you found a wait to query your database tables.

As a temporary fix you can open and edcprincipalentity table and look for the Supper Admin account. Grab the id for that record and then open edcprincipaluserentity. Query the uidstring field and you will find 2 entries for administrator. Change the one associated with the id you grabbed above to administrator1. This way you will login with adminstrator1 from now on.