Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Need an Image Object that does not print, or an Image Field that does not browse

Former Community Member
I'm using Designer 7.0.

Basically I need an Image on the form that should not print.

There doesn't seem to be a way to get Image Objects as "visible but do not print" or be able to run scripts on Image Objects during prePrint/postPrint events.

So, I came across Image Fields. These let you script during events, so I can manipulate the "presence" property so that it is invisible at prePrint and then visible again on postPrint. However, I do not want my users to change the image. Is there a way to disable the browser, or click event for Image Fields?

Basically, I don't care how I get there, I just want an image on my form that doesn't print, and where nothing happens if the user clicks on it.

Thank you.
2 Replies

Former Community Member
With the new Adobe Designer 8.0, you can set Image objects to visible but does not print.

Former Community Member
I gonna write down what I've learned in 3 h, because I had the same issue with a background image. Let's see how it works with Version 7 ...<br /><br />1. Create and place Print Button and select it.<br />2. In the script box, choose 'PrePrint' from the selection box.<br />3. Choose 'JavaScript'<br />4. Type the following:<br /> xfa.form.<formName>.<pageName>.<objectName>.presence = "invisible";<br />5. Choose 'PostPrint' from the selection box.<br />6. Choose 'JavaScript'<br />7. Type the following:<br /> xfa.form.<formName>.<pageName>.<objectName>.presence = "visible";<br /><br />Now it shows the object when opening the PDF in Acrobat Reader until the created print button or the print button in the yellow bar ist hit. In the printer dialog you can see the preview of the page without the object.