Expand my Community achievements bar.

Multiple Selections in List Box

Former Community Member
Hello all. I am new to the Adobe Family and especially PDF designing, so please bear with me. I have gone through the Help section, and did searches on here to find an answer but have not had luck. I need to make a list box that the user chooses multiple choices. As in some forms that have if you hold down the CTRL button you can choose multiple choices. During my searches I keep finding coding lines. I'm not sure how to do coding at all, I'm using the Designer 7 template forms where I can choose the icon, and then go over to Object, Value, etc. Is what I want to do even possible with Designer 7? If so, how can I make this work. If not, what program would I need to use? Thank you in advance for your help!
5 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi,

Do the following:

1. Select the ListBox

2. Under the "Field" tab on left hand side check the checkbox titled "Allow Multiple Selection"

3. Save your file

Hope this helps!

Former Community Member
When I look at either a list box or a drop-down list and look at the "Field" tab I do not see a "Allow Multiple Selection" checkbox. I am using designer version 7.0.041126.0. Is it not supported in this version or am I missing something.

Thanks

Former Community Member
The 'allow multiple selection' was added in version 7.1. Try adding this code to the initialize event of your listbox:

this.ui.choiceList.commitOn="exit";

Bob

Former Community Member
Sorry but you also need to modify the XML source for the drop down list with the open= as:<br /><br /><choiceList open="multiSelect">

Former Community Member
Hi,

I have the same problem and tried to fix this. With the "multiSelect" taht works fine but I don't know how and where to add the code

this.ui.choiceList.commitOn="exit";

Please, can you help

thx, Mike