Expand my Community achievements bar.

Livecycle - version question

Former Community Member
I am currently using Livecycle that came with Adobe Acrobat 8.0. Is there a difference between that program and just using Livecycle ES? Or are they one in the same?

Thanks! Paula
5 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Paula,

I believe you are referring to LiveCycle Designer and the differences between it and LiveCycle Designer ES. If that is the case, the short answer is "they are the same".

LiveCycle Designer is a tool for template creation whereas LiveCycle ES is a suite of J2EE-based solution services.

LiveCycle Designer ships with Acrobat, as you pointed out. It is also available as a stand-alone product. Either way it is a stand-alone executable. LiveCycle ES ships with LiveCycle Designer ES. It runs as an Eclipse plug-in in the context of LiveCycle Workbench ES. The other piece of Workbench ES is the tool for creating process orchestrations.

Steve

Former Community Member
Steve... So what you are saying is that they ARE DIFFERENT! I too have LC Designer 8.05 and am not able to update to LC ES. I want to learn the Form Guide functionality and can't get to it with my product.

Former Community Member
Can someone help me please?!

I can't seem to find anyone that can.

I have CS3 and everytime I open forms this happens. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it 4 different times-still continues...

I get this ERROR:

Adobe LiveCycle Designer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Error signature:

AppName: formdesigner.exe AppVer: 8.0.2073.1 ModName: unknown

ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 04d58113

then I get a second one saying:

Error signature:

AppName: formdesigner.exe AppVer: 8.0.2073.1 ModName: ntdll.dll

ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 000431a0

thanks,

cyndie

Former Community Member
Hi Andy,

Livecycle Designer 8.0 which comes with Acrobat also is previous version of LiveCycle Designer ES. LiveCycle Designer ES has mant features over the previous one, like form guides, fragments (that can be seen in the help of LiveCycle Designer Es-->What is New).

You can install the trial version of LiveCycle Designer ES form Adobe's site.

Hope helps.

Asiye