Expand my Community achievements bar.

LiveCycle Version 8-PDF Preview not available

Former Community Member
I am designing forms in LiveCycle version 8.0. The PDF Preview is not available. The help file says it's because I don't have Acrobat installed. I have Acrobat Professional version 8 installed. How do I get the PDF preview?
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Do you have your Reader 8 installed on the computer as well? You may need to install that first, then reinstall Professional. Try that, then go back into Designer and View>PDF Preview (or F5).

Former Community Member
I have the same problem. I installed Acrobat Pro all at once and it is not available. (I tried 8.1 upgrade and doing a fix application from the control panel as well)

Eileen

Former Community Member
This just started happening for me today. Yesterday Designer 8 was fine. PDF preview was available. Today, suddenly, it's grayed out in the menu and the PDF Preview tab is missing from the main window... POOF! Gone!

I have already done a repair of Acrobat 8... how do I get the PDF PReview back? This is absurd!

Former Community Member
I posted the original message and as soon as I installed the version 8 reader, the PDF preview became available. I have not had any problems since.