Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

LiveCycle Version 8-PDF Preview not available

Former Community Member
I am designing forms in LiveCycle version 8.0. The PDF Preview is not available. The help file says it's because I don't have Acrobat installed. I have Acrobat Professional version 8 installed. How do I get the PDF preview?
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Do you have your Reader 8 installed on the computer as well? You may need to install that first, then reinstall Professional. Try that, then go back into Designer and View>PDF Preview (or F5).

Former Community Member
I have the same problem. I installed Acrobat Pro all at once and it is not available. (I tried 8.1 upgrade and doing a fix application from the control panel as well)

Eileen

Former Community Member
This just started happening for me today. Yesterday Designer 8 was fine. PDF preview was available. Today, suddenly, it's grayed out in the menu and the PDF Preview tab is missing from the main window... POOF! Gone!

I have already done a repair of Acrobat 8... how do I get the PDF PReview back? This is absurd!

Former Community Member
I posted the original message and as soon as I installed the version 8 reader, the PDF preview became available. I have not had any problems since.