Expand my Community achievements bar.

LiveCycle ES on JBoss Configuation Error

Former Community Member
Hi,

I'm trying to install Live Cycle JBoss on a windows 2003 server virtual machine (on vmware) and the following situation has occurred:

The installation works fine, but when I launch the configuration manager (both with express mode and custom) and start the configuration and deployment of the EARs I receive the following error :

Error [ALC-LCM-999-022]

Failed on 'Stopping JBoss Service for AdobeLiveCycle ES v8.0'

Service Shutdown failed for: JBoss for Adobe LiveCycle ES v8.0

I cheked the configuration manager logs and on some lines it said "service not started or not found" regarding the JBoss process, so i started the Jboss service manually and tried running the configuration manager again but i get another similar error message:

Error [ALC-LCM-999-021]

Failed on 'Stopping JBoss Service for AdobeLiveCycle ES v8.0'

Service Shutdown failed for: JBoss for Adobe LiveCycle ES v8.0

Unexpected service state = -1

Anybody have any ideas about what the problem is? am i missing something?

thanks in advance.
24 Replies

Level 4
To solve this problem unregister MySQL and JBoss service by executing commands:

> sc delete "MySQL for Adobe LiveCycle ES"

and

> sc delete "JBoss for Adobe LiveCycle ES"

Than delete InstallShield directory at

C:\program files\common files\installshield\adobe

After that, new clean installation will start.

Former Community Member
Ok, it was wrong disinstallation, so... I deinstalled Adobe LiveCycle by Add/remove program in Control Panel, than I clean up all two services, than reinstalled, from begin, but now there's any trace of two services... When I launch ConfigurationManager.bat after three pass (after configure everyone than next), I remember that there was a pass about first problem Error [ALC-LCM-999-022] and Error [ALC-LCM-999-021]... but in this installation there's not trace of this pass, maybe it's one or two pass after the one where i'm blocked (8080)...

Pleeez help me!

TIA

Former Community Member
Hi all

We've faced same problem (installation abort while stopping JBoss service). The problem was resolved by us.

Reason: standard Windows "sc" utility (which is used to find state of process) returned text results in Russian (I works in Russian version of Windows). Installer couldn't parse Russian text (it looks for phrase "STATE: 4 RUNNING").

Solution: find sc.exe in English version of Windows and put into configurationManager folder in Adobe LiveCycle directory.

Level 1
Hi!

We also had the same problem.

We had installed the spanish version of Windows 2003 Server, and tried the solution of Maxmi Galimov. But we continued with the same problem.

Finally, we had to install the english version of Windows 2003 Server, and it goes well.

Good luck!!!