Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

LiveCycle 8: Insert ing Radio Button causes software lockup

Former Community Member
LiveCycle 8. WinXP Pro. I was working with a series of radio buttons, putting them into groups of two. Suddenly the software crashed (run-time error I think). I cleared out the temp fields then shut down, waited a few minutes before rebooting and tried two more times, following the same sequence before trying again. Software continued to crash when I used radio buttons even without trying to group!

I did an Acrobat Pro 8 repair. Inserting Radio buttons continue to crash. So I did a repair using the software disk. Same crash issue.

Today, when inserting new text into the label area of a text field, I got Adobe either locks up and won't shut down. I also forgot about the radio button issue (had a weekend in between work days) and again, Adobe locked up. When Adobe locks up, the only thing I can do is do a hard shutdown to get out of it.

Any suggestions for fixing this issue? I have to design many forms and not being able to design with the radio button hurts. However, note, I can import radio buttons from other forms and all works fine. I learned to save my work frequently!
3 Replies

Former Community Member
hi,

I have been working livecycle designer 8 and i face similiar issues. it keeps crashing down when i try to wrap radio buttons into a new group and i try to insert text boxes. any suggestions on how to get this resolved

thanks

sravya

Level 2
This happens to me all the time! My resolution: save early and save often - and yell obscenities at my monitor. I've wasted so much time having to re-do form pages b/c of this wrapping radio button crash behavior.

maybe someday this can be fixed...

Level 1

Having the same issues in 2010 so it doesn't appear they have fixed the bug (or responded to this post). Seems to be a bug with copying/pasting of grouped objects. My IT department has made several attempts to reinstall software, will be trying again. It's turning what I hoped would be a productivity-enhancing program into a complete waste of time and total frustration.