Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LCD 8.0.1291.339988 -- PDF viewer not functioning

Level 4
Just starting this week, the Preview PDF displays the layout of the form but I cannot test the field values. I can only 'click' into field values that have a default value, or into a field's caption. This is only happening with NEW forms. Forms created last week and before are functioning perfectly in Preview PDF.

I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat/LC Designer 8 and the problem still exists. Could this somehow have been caused by the new Daylight Saving Time change on Sunday? It's the only thing that has changed on my system (OS is Windows XP with SP2)!

Right now my only workaround is testing the form in Adobe Acrobat, but this is slowing down my process. Can anyone suggest something to get this feature back?

Thanks.
8 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi, I'm having the same problem. Can't access "Preview PDF" in LiveCycle Designer... it's greyed out in the menu.

Any ideas??

Former Community Member
Robert,

I solved this issue by going to Control Panel / Add or Remove Programs / Change or Remove / Select the Repair Installation button.

Once the repair was completed the Preview PDF was available.

Hope this helps.

Pam

Former Community Member
If your PDF Preview menu is grayed out try this...

Launch Acrobat or Reader standalone. Go into your Edit -> Preferences -> Internet setting and make sure the 'Display PDF in Browser' option is checked.

Then shut down Reader or Acrobat and restart your Designer.

Former Community Member
In Adobe Designer, to to File, Form Properties, choose the default tab. Make sure the Preview type is set to Interactive form in the Preview section. This fixed it for me.

Former Community Member
I am having these same Preview problems. I have tried all of these suggestions (most of them are found in the help guides) and I even did the repair. Nothing seems to be working. Are there are any other suggestions out there?

Former Community Member
Scott,

Try to remove Acrobat Reader and install it again. It worked for me.

Level 4
I found out why the Preview PDF wasn't working! And fortunately it's nothing serious that requires reinstalling.

It's a simple setting in LiveCycle. Open your form and go to the menu item 'File/Form Properties'.

In the Form Properties window, select the 'Defaults tab'.

In this window under Preview/Preview Type, change the default from Print Form to Interactive Form.

Voilà. That's it.

Now you'll have to do this for each individual form unless someone out there knows how to change the default setting permanently.