Expand my Community achievements bar.

Landcaped Second page

Former Community Member
I'm using Livecycle designer version 7. I have a form where the first page is portrait and the second page is landscaped. I create my first page as a portait page and when I'm ready to do page 2 as a landscaped one it changes page one into landscape too. How do I prevent that from happening?? I'm not using any JAvascript or anything. Just a simple form for folks to fill out. Help!! Nothing in online help or books say otherwise. Am I missing something here??
9 Replies

Level 7
Create pages of the correct size and rotation outside of LiveCycle Designer, you can use Word for this, and then use or import the created file for the basis of the LiveCycle Designer form.

Former Community Member
That's if I created the document in another format. I'm doing it from start with nothing in Designer. A completely new document using the tools in Designer. I do not want to design somewhere else an import because it is just as much work to fix up what does not import.

Level 7
Who said anything about designing the form in Word?

What I suggested was a way to get 2 different sized pages with different orientations into LiveCycle Designer.

Former Community Member
Hi All,

Geo... thanks so much for the workaround!

One thing to make note of when opening in LiveCycle Design. Select the Flowable option to make your form. Otherwise if you take the first option and import it in as background you will not have any Master Pages and will not be able to do any pagination within your form.

deanna,

I opened Word and changed my page setup to Landscape with .25 for all margins. I saved the doc named Landscape.doc. I created a new Word doc and changed the page setup to Portrait with .25 for all margins. I saved that doc as Portrait.doc. I opened Adobe Acrobat Professional and created a pdf from multiple files. Positioning the Portrait.doc as page 1 and the Landscape.doc as page2. I saved the pdf as Portrait_Landscape.pdf.

I opened the file in LiveCycle Design as a flowable form. Once I imported the pdf I copied and paste my existing form objects into the new properly oriented pages.

Make it a great day!

Pam

Former Community Member
Geo - in your previous response to me you mentioned Word.

-------

Geo Kaiser - 10:45am Aug 29, 07 PST (#1 of 4)

Create pages of the correct size and rotation outside of LiveCycle Designer, you can use Word for this, and then use or import the created file for the basis of the LiveCycle Designer form.

---------

I guess nobody seems to get it. I do NOT want to start a document outside of the Livecycle designer in any other program. The Livecycle designer is a designer and should allow me to design a form however I want which includes the first page portrait and the second page landscape. I guess I can't make myself any clearer. I do not want to use anything else except Designer.

Former Community Member
So, it seems to me that it's not possible and maybe it's something that Adobe need to put in the next release to have this option.

Level 7
Fine. Then use the 2 page Word document to make a LiveCycle Designer custom form template.

Former Community Member
Have you tried creating 2 master pages (1 portrait and 1 landscape)and changing the Page2, Object - Pagination - Place to the Landscape form?

Former Community Member
Hi Deanna,

The key to creating pages of different sizes or orientations in LiveCycle Designer is to create two different master pages and associating them with the matching body pages. Select the portrait page go to Object-Pagination-Place and select the matching portrait master page. Then repeat with the landscape pages. (After this is done you may still have to go to layout tab and manual enter the correct width and height sizes.)