Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is there no supporting documentation for the Services shipped with Workbench? (generatePDFOutput in

Former Community Member
I'm trying to build a process that saves a form (as completed by a user) to the server's file system. The generatePDFOutput Service isn't working (runs forever) and the help pages do nothing much more than list the property fields names. Surely it isn't uncommon to want to save a copy of the form before or when the process completes?

Any and all help is welcome!
21 Replies

Former Community Member
Thanks but I believe the problem is that my process isn't right - not just the inputs.

I'm now looking at the Foundation->RepositoryService->Read Resource Content, Process Management->FormAugmenterService->Insert Workflow XFO Data, and Output->generatePDFOutput services.

Of course, the documentation is useless to everyone but the authors of the services. :-(

I've asked Platinum support to tell me outright if it can be done. It has been months and they've yet to say that they have any idea how to go about it.

In my opinion, it should have been as easy as ticking off a checkbox labelled: save a copy when the process finishes!