Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Invoking web service from a form running in a PDA

Former Community Member
Hello Experts,<br /><br />I have designed an interactive PDF form using Adobe Livecycle Designer 8.0 that invokes a web service to get / update the data from the database. It works perfectly when run from Adobe Reader 8.0 on my desktop. However, the same form doesn't work in Pocket PC with Acrobat Reader for Pocket PC 2.0. The user guide of "Acrobat Reader for Pocket PC 2.0" clearly says it supports forms.<br /><br />Here goes the actual problem description.<br /><br />I've a button in the form which calls a web service to push the data in the form fields to the back-end system through a SOAP. I've tried the following combinations, but in vain.<br /><br />1.) Had set the control type of a button to execute and specified the correct Web Service URL and Operation. On execution, the ppc reader throws the error "Could not post the data to <Web Servcie URL>"<br /><br />2.) Used a normal "Submit button" and tried to invoke my Servlet that in-turn calls a web service. On execution, there is no response.<br /><br />3.) Designed a Acrobat based form and used a "Submit button" to post the data the data to servlet. On execution, I get the error message "Submit form plug-in is missing" . I couldn't find any Adobe plug-ins available for download.<br /><br />As mentioned earlier, all these options works perfectly in desktop based reader and not in ppc reader. Please let me know the additional configuration / settings required for submitting the "form data" from a form in the Pocket PC. <br /><br />Any pointers in this regard will be highly appreciated.<br /><br />Bala
0 Replies