Expand my Community achievements bar.

Insert Audio or Video into forms

Level 1
How can I insert audio into a form. We have a series of speeches that we want users to evaluate using forms. I see where there is a way to add audio using Acrobat Pro but seem to lose a lot of functionality when I open it up in livecycle. I have great forms already created in livecycle and just need to be able to insert the audio.

thanks so much, anyone that answers is definitely a lifesaver.

derek
4 Replies

Former Community Member
There is no object on the XFA side that will allow you to add an audio/video file. Your only option is to attach it as an atachment and use it that way.

Level 1
Is there a way that I can insert the attachment or do I have to have them open an entirely different page.

We have about ten different short presentations and need responses for each. I wanted to have a speech at the top of each page with radio buttons asking various questions below.

Is there a way to do this without the user having to open separate windows? I don't mind if they have to click inside the document and it opens something up.

I am surprised there is not a simple direct way to insert video or audio into livecycle.

thanks in advance,

Derek

Former Community Member
There can be an Object that shows all attachments that are in the doc but having something at the top of each page would require some coding and an intricate naming convention for that attachment so that we coudl open the correct one.

Level 1
thanks for your response,

I really had thought this would be a great way to do this but it seems to be more difficult than expected. I'm afraid that people would get too confused trying to figure out what attachemnt went with what form. Would it just be easier to try to figure out how to do forms with dreamweaver and using my own database?

do you know if there is anyone or company who has already done the coding on the other and sells it as a turnkey approach? I would think there have been others that would like to have video or audio while not losing the abilities of livecycle.

thanks again,

Derek