Expand my Community achievements bar.

Importing a process

Level 8
Level 8
Hi all,

I seem to have some problems installing a process on another server. I have developed a process and now need to install it on another LiveCycle server identical to the one I am running development on.

However now I get a "Duplicate entry" error in the AdminUI when I try to import the process even though I believe that I have removed the old one. How can I get rid of all my installed processes (on the production server) and reinstall the new process which runs on the development server?

Please help

Sincerely

Kim
7 Replies

Former Community Member
The deleted process may actually still be in your database. To ensure your process is imported correctly you can modify the version number directly in the LCA file (unzip it and increment the minorVersion value in the application.xml file) or simply create a new version of your service on your server (right click the process and select New Version), re-export the LCA and then try your import again. Be sure to deactivate the old version and activate the new.

Level 3
I agree with Lee. It does sound like the process that you are importing might already be on your target database under a different version number. There is another option you can try: On the environment where you have the process you want to copy, use Workbench to export the process to an XML file (right click the version and export the process). Then on your target system you can use Workbench to create a new process. In the UI selection use "import process from file",select the XML file and and give the process a new name rather than let Workbench select the name from the process.

Level 8
Level 8
Hi again,

Thanks for your answers - they were very helpful.

In the process of trying to install the process I tryed to delete the old process. I do not know if I were successful as I now sometimes get an:

ALC-DSC-012-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.ServiceNotFoundException: Service: MyService not found.

"MyService" is an old version of the service (the new version has another name), I don't know why this exception is raised or how I can rectify it?

Do you have any suggestions?

Sincerely

Kim

Level 9
I think the easiest way to solve your problem is to create a new version of the process on the SOURCE machine. Then create your LCA file, and import it into the Target machine. The archive importer will create a new version of the process if the version number is greater.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Level 7

Can any boldy tell me how to unzip a .lca file.

Regards

Sunil Gupta

Level 1

Just change the file extension to zip and you'll see its contents.