Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

HTTP Submit data not being posted

Former Community Member
My form has an HTTP Submit button with a url that 'works' (when I click submit, it goes to that url) except the data doesn't get posted. I've tested the url and it does receive data posted to it via a regular html form. I assume the PDF form data field names are defined by their Binding names. What else do I have to do to get the data to actually be posted to the url?
28 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi SMH hostmaster,

You can find the trial of Designer 7.1 here:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/getting_started.html

Let me know if that helps,

Catherine

Adobe Systems

Former Community Member
I found this post via searching while trying to solve my problems with the HTTP Submit. I'm having similar issues (the raw POST body dump clearly shows the information I'm trying to pass, but the $_POST var in php does not contain said information), but when I change "formdata" to "urlencoded" and try to save as a .pdf, it generates the error message "Invalid enumerated value: urlencoded" and the submit does not function at all.

Former Community Member
What version of Designer are you working with?

What version of Acrobat / Reader?

Mike

Former Community Member
Designer version 7.0.041126.0

Acrobat Pro 7.0.7

Former Community Member
Can you put your form up where we can see it?

Can you upgrade to Designer 7.1?

Mike

Former Community Member
The software library I have access to doesn't seem to have 7.1 yet, so I don't think that's an option. I can host the form later tonight when I have access to a proper web server.

Thanks!

Ian

Former Community Member
how to change the connection properties of a wsdl data connection dynamically in adobe designer?

For ex:

I want to change the wsdl file ( url )of a data connection dynamically using java script or formcalc. Let me know, how can this be accomplished?

Former Community Member
Stevex,

I've read all the posts in this thread and have come to conclude that if you want data from an Adobe form you need the most current non-buggy versions of Acrobate and Designer.

However my problem is I have to create a php script which will accept data from any of the buggy products. It appears your dump.php script will handle many of these. None of the other options suggested have worked for the two buggy versions our company has.

Any chance of us getting a copy of your code? The link to the "script" in your blog does not show the php code.