Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

how to store blob object in document variable

Former Community Member
hi,

I am using Query single row service to retrieve pdf file from database(it is stored as blob in database). How can i store this blob object in a document variable?

I gave the mapping in "Data Mapping" property of the service. I mapped the column name with a document variable. It gave the following error:

com.adobe.workflow.datatype.InvalidCoercionException: Cannot coerce object: weblogic.jdbc.wrapper.Blob_oracle_sql_BLOB@832ef of type: weblogic.jdbc.wrapper.Blob_oracle_sql_BLOB to type: com.adobe.idp.Document.

can anyone help me in this? Can i store the blob object retrieved from database in any other form in my process?

Thanks.

kripa
1 Reply

Former Community Member
kripa,

In a MySQL 5.0 environment where a column is defined as 'BLOB', mapping to a variable of type 'document' works predictably with the MySQL 5.1.6 connector. I do not have an Oracle instance available unfortunately.

Have you tried doing an insert from Workbench or externally through Java? It might help diagnose.

Steve