Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to render text with html format (like with Label.htmlText ) inside a Flex Form Guide

Former Community Member
Is it possible to use something like Label to render text like "
Thanks for ur help"?

Thanks.

Greg.
4 Replies

Former Community Member
In the Guide Builder, click on Add or Bind Fields, expand the Utility Objects tree, drag-and-drop the Guide Text object.

You can then add any text you like and make it bold, underline, etc (so essentially like HTML). You can even put hyperlinks into the text.

Hope that is what you are after,

John.

Former Community Member
Thanks John,

what I am looking for is really to integrate a Flex Object like mx.controls.Label

I need to get and render content from a web service, that is formatted in html

If I drag-and-drop the Guide Text object, I need to parse the html content to set the properties...

Any idea/trick?

Cordially

Greg.

Former Community Member
For this I think you will need to create a customised panel layout. You then call the webservice in your customised layout, via a button or such, and place the result in a mx.controls.Label control (by assigning the result of the webservice to the htmlText property).

There is some help on how to do this and the sample code provided with the LiveCycle SDK is pretty much the source code for all of the guide layouts, panel layouts and controls used in a Form Guide (so, for instance, if you are using a One Column layout, you can then just add your customised Label and Button that calls the webservice to the SampleOneColumn MXML file).

(Sorry if I am way off track with what you are trying to achieve!)

Here is a great video and the Adobe doco on how to customise Form Guides:

Video: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/articles/customizing_formguides.html

Doco: http://www.adobe.com/go/learn_lc_fgCustomizing

Former Community Member
Hello,

thank you for your help and your reactivity.

I will do it like that.

Cordially.

Greg.