Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to make a form compatible with reader 6

Former Community Member
Hello,

I made a form in LiveCycle 8 using the order form template. However, users get an error message saying they need reader 7.05 to display the form properly. The form does display properly in 6, so something built in that is not being used must trigger this

I don't need any info to be sent anywhere, I just need users to fill out the form on screen, then print and fax it to me.

Is there a way I can save my form in a format that allows it to work with version 6 of reader.

The form is using some formcalc fields.

Thanks.
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Jim. If you do a save as, you can click on Save as type: and select acrobat 6 compatible, unless they've cut this out of version 8. I'm on version 7.1 and it's available here.

Regards,

Dave

Former Community Member
Hello,

Thanks for tip. I tried it but unfortunately it still needs 7.08 to work and I'm not sure why. Even worse is the automatic updater that runs just downloads 7.0. So a user downloads the update, then gets another error message saying they need an even newer version of reader. Very lame.

Plus, once you do get the 7.08 update and open the file you get no less than three pop ups about not saving the file, auto fill options, and one other I forget. Overall a very awkward way to view a very simple file.

I was hoping this would make it easier for customers to fill out a form but it looks like it will accomplish the opposite.

Former Community Member
Once you save a form you cannot use save-as to save it in a differnt version; you have this save-as option available only the first time you save a new form. So, you may have to re create the form then save it as Acrobat 6 compatible,