Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

How to Kickoff /Initiate a Workflow process via Email-Submitting a PDF form

Former Community Member
How to kick off a workflow process via email-submit a PDF form in ES? Is it the same way as how it's done in LC 7?

if it's different, where can I find documentation for the new mechanism?

thanks

James
6 Replies

Former Community Member
See this topic in the administrating guide at http://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/livecycle/es/:

Creating an email source

➤ To create or edit an email source:

1. Ensure that you have a POP3 or IMAP mail account specifically and solely for LiveCycle ES. The outgoing

and incoming mail accounts can be on the same host.

2. Configure an email endpoint in Archive Administration for the appropriate process. See Adding an

endpoint in Archive Administration Help.

3. In LiveCycle Administration Console, click Services > Archive Administration > Service

Management.

4. Navigate through the list of services to locate your process, and then click to select it.

5. Click the End Points tab, select Email from the list, and then click Add.

6. Set the options on the Add Email Endpoint screen and then click Add. See Archive Administration Help

for details.

Former Community Member
Thanks Scott.

Do I still need to populate these two fields in the XDP ?

AWS_PROCESSTYPE (what's processType in ES?)

and

AWS_MAILTO

Level 10
No.

Form the form, just make sure you have an email button that sends an email to the email address specify in the end point configuration.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Do I need that block of "Process Fields" on the form?

(the group that has the Submit button and those AWS_ fields)

How does the next participant submit the form by email? also click the email button?

In LC7, the "routes" out of a User qpac become the choices in the AWS_Action dropdown. Is that still the case in ES? If so, does it mean I'll need a AWS Submit button plus an email submit button?

thanks

Level 10
Kicking off a process via email and participating in a email based process are two different things.

If you want to your users to use email to process the items, then you'll need the AWS, just like in 7.2.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
What should I put in the bottom section (titled "Input Parameter Mappings") of the Email Endpoint configuration screen?

I tried some things but none of them worked. I read the Archive Admin Help page, but didn't understand what it said either.

The submit/kick-off did seem to work, the intended workflow process was launched, and a "to do" item got into the next participant's inbox. However, the form field data I entered did not show up.

Another problem was, the 3rd step in my test workflow was the "process initiator", but it did not go to that person's inbox. It didn't seem to know who submitted the form.

Any idea what should I check and fix?

thanks