to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

how to hide and show sections?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am new to adobe livecycle.  I am trying to create a form.  This form has checkbox a, b, and c.  If user checks a, section A will load, if user checks b, section B will load, and so on.  Right now, as user unchecks a, section A disappaears but the space reserved for it is still there.  Can I make a form that is flexible in floating?  Which means if I hide section A but show section B, section B will float up to occupy section A.  If I show section A, section B will float down so that section A can be visible? 

Thank you very much for your help.

Aenig

5 Replies
whyisthisme
Level 7
Level 7

You need to set your pages/content areas to Flowed rather than Positioned, and make your Pagination After: Continue Filling Parent. That way when you hide or show sections they will take up the next available space.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.  Can I have mixed sections?  I have 1/2 of my page is position, then the rest is in flow.  As I do that, I can't set Pagination After.

Could you please help?

whyisthisme
Level 7
Level 7

You put the flowed parts into a subform which is set to flowed and then to follow after the positioned bit.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I email you my form?  I can't seem to get it working the way you describe.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found the answer.  The parent form must be set to flow.  Then, I can set subform to either flow or positioned before setting Pagination After.