Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to get data in footer?

Level 2
I have a problem with positioning data in a documents footer, which I couldnt get solved.

The case:

a form is bound to XML-data containing multiple records. For each instance a letter should be created containing data from records nodes. This works fine except for the footer: a text containing data from the record should appear. It varies per record, so it couldnt be located on the Master Page. And the text should be repeated on every page if a letter contains multiple pages.

I tried to put a second Content Area on the Master Page and set the pagination of the footer subform to place it on top of the Footer content area. This works fine, except in cases of overflow within one letter. In that case only the last pages shows the text. As soon as I refer the footer-subform as Overflow trailer for the parent subform (page) it meshes up the page layout and doesnt work properly: at the first multi-page occurance the footer-text is shown, but isnt located in the proper content area. All letters after that gets a double footer-text.

It seems to me that such case should be possible, but could get it work properly. Does anyone has an idea how to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Edgar van Waardenburg
0 Replies