Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to get attachment before it reach the first assign user

Former Community Member
Hi,

I did the following and encounter a problem... need help...

I start a task at Workspace >> Start Process. I attached a pdf file to the attachment tab of the workspace. Then, I complete the task and it kick start a process. In the process, I need to extract data from the pdf file (the attachment at the init-form) and populate a flex form (a xfa form type) before assign to a user. How can this be done?

The problem is, before assign a task to the first user, how can the attachment be retrived and data be extracted out.

Also, how to get the task ID of the init-form task (the start process's task)?

Thanks.
7 Replies

Former Community Member
I have a custom component which extracts the attachments out of a given task.Using this custom component, it possible to get the attachments of a task in the attachment added event.

thanks

mergeandfuse@gmail.com

Former Community Member
Hi WorkflowUser,

Is it possible to show or get the source code of how u do it using the custom component? Thanks.

Level 10
WorkflowUser, can you post the code (only the relevant part) so everybody benefits from the answers.

Getting in touch with you directly is good for that one person but doesn't help all others on the forum.

PLEASE, try to post you answers on the forum as much as possible.

Thanks,

Jasmin

Former Community Member
I am looking @ ways to post my dsc so that it can be downloaded

Level 10
The code would be good enough. I'm pretty sure the core is like 20 lines of code. Just post that. That would be enough for the majority of people.

Jasmin

Level 4
Hi Workflowuser

You can use Adobe Share at share.adobe.com to share your files.