Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

how to create dynamic dependent dropdownlist using ODBC in LiveCycle?

Former Community Member

I'm creating a user form using Livecycle designer.Here i'm not able to implement cascaded dropdownlist using javascript. I'm using ODBC dataconnection for data binding.Able to bind all data in respective dropdowns but don't know how to use cascading.

I followed this link LiveCycle ES2 * Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES2  but is is not working.

28 Replies

Former Community Member

changed the setting of bofAction and eofAction values in connection properties and use your code in preOpen but city filed is blank.no records.

Former Community Member

Hi,

Please try to update my form or if possible please create a sample form which is accessible in designer 8 with my database script.I tried everything but no result.Thanks in advance.

Former Community Member

Hi,

Now i have installed Trial version of Livecycle designer ES4.And edited my previous form with it. Dropbox - testChk - new.pdf .

Please make some necessary changes in my form.Hoping the code in designer ES4 will work on designer 8.0 also.If possible please also check the "Add More" Instance also.Very badly need now.

Level 10

Hi,

Have a look at this sample https://sites.google.com/site/livecycledesignercookbooks/home/Jyoti%20Ranjan.pdf?attredirects=0&d=1

Your form have a preview type set of "Print" (under File ... Form Properties ... Preview), is your form meant to be interactive?  How is it being populated?

Former Community Member

It's not working.It shows the first record only in both state and city.If i take Data dropdownlist in state  then it shows all the states but with standard dropdown it is only the first record.But city value fixed with first record only if i use preOpen code.I tried your sample form also just replacing the dataconnection but same result.

I have changed Form preview type to interactive. What is the difference between them.

Please update the form i uploaded yesterday.

Former Community Member

Hi,

I think we should leave the dropdown issue here,it's not gonna resolve.

If possible please check the "Add More" instance.It adds a new instance but not able to see it.

Level 10

I'm not sure what else I can do if my ODBC sample does not work in your environment, maybe your Office has a custom install restricting some on the functionality.

Anyway, I think all you need to do to get your "Add More" button working if to save your form as a Dynamic PDF, and change the "Preview Adobe XML Form As" (in Form Properties ... Preview) to Dynamic XML Form.