Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

How to auto Expand a text field

Former Community Member
I'm new to Designer and I'm pulling out my hair.... I am trying to dynamically size text field heights on a form. I have the FieldHeight.pdf example and it works when I call it up. However, I can't duplicate the Textfield1 functionality of expanding to the necessary height. I've tried adding a duplicate textfield to the example, creating a separate form with just the one text field (and copying the info from the sample) - nothing works. I am using Designer 8. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Brian
3 Replies

Level 5
Few things to checkon may resolve your situation...

1. Requires being saved/viewed as Dynamic Template. >>>Save as Dynamic.

2. Set the following to the field in designer.

a) in the layout pane set the field height to be able to expand.

b) in the object pane set the Allow Multilane check box.

3. In Run mode you can see the field gets resized only if there is enough text to expand and this resize occurs at 'exit' event. So make sure you move your courser out of the field to verify it gets expanded.

Good luck,

SekharN.

Former Community Member
Thanks for the tip. It was the layout pane that was causing the problem.

Brian

Former Community Member
One more related question. I have the field dynamically sizeing, but now I want the text to automatically scroll while the user is typeing:

Example, as they type I calculate the field height on the change event. When they reach 50 characters, I expand the field.

How do I get the field to automatically scroll the information in the text area instead of scrolling off the page?

Thankjs