Expand my Community achievements bar.

how do i submit via http with php?

Former Community Member
i have a php file runnin to use with html forms but is there a way i can use it with a designer form pdf with a submit via http button? here is the url im tryin to use www.hotwaxsurf.com/fm.php thanks
9 Replies

Level 6
Don't use the HTTP submit button. Use a regular button and set the control type to submit. Then you can set the "submit to URL" to the address of your PHP page. You can choose to submit the XML data or do an HTTP post similar to what would be posted by an HTML form. The parameter names (i.e. the form field names) may not be what you expect. They will probably be the full SOM expressions like form1[0].page1[0].MyTextField[0] and that sort of thing.

Former Community Member
hmmm, i cant get it to work. is there a way to just upload the file or data almost like through ftp though using http. im completely new the server side programming thing so i apologize for my ignorance.

Former Community Member
Yes, this is what Jared outlined but it requires server-side programming. In Java it's pretty easy (use Apache Commons FileUpload library). I'm not familiar with PHP but I'll bet there's something similar for decoding HTTP Form postings. Look for something that handles multi-part/MIME encoding and/or application/x-www-form-urlencoded data.

Depending on what settings you have on your submit button, you will get XML (XML), www-form-urlencoded (HTTP Post), or multi-part MIME (PDF) posted to your PHP URL. Your PHP program will have to read the incoming request and decode it.

Does that help?

Rob

Former Community Member
is there a sample somewhere i can look at the code for? im completely new to server side programming. thanks though im gettin closer

Former Community Member
Hello,

I need to submit a PDF and store the document on a server where an application server is running.

I've setup a submit button and are looking at the data-submit property tab.

Has anyone got a sample URL working ? - calling a java servlet ?

I'm unsure how to specify the URL parameters

Thanks

Pete

Former Community Member
I as well am looking. Is there an Adobe representative here willing to explain why one can theoretically submit to an ftp site, however in practice this requires additional programming? Or better yet, point us towards servlets in PHP, C# or ASP.

Former Community Member
Did anyone ever discover how to post a PDF to a java servlet and retrieve the entire document? Whenever I post the document to a URL, the content-type is application/pdf, and I need the content type to be multi-part/MIME.

Former Community Member
BUMP.

I am looking for a PHP solution as well.

Former Community Member
I have a submit button that is not working. Maybe someone can help me with this, i'm not familiar with. the script for the botton is:

rec="ice@template-help.com";

serv="php";

Help

Fernando