Expand my Community achievements bar.

How do i create a form so that it can be saved once filled

Former Community Member
I am trying to figure if there is some way that after I have created my form if someone would be able to fill it out the information and then save there information instead of only being able to just print or email it.

thanks

A.K.
8 Replies

Former Community Member
Andrea,

-If your users have Acrobat Standard or Prof, they should be able to fill out and save form data with form template.

-If your users only have Acrobat Reader, your PDF form need to be right enabled (by using LC Reader Extension Server) in order to allow your users with Reader to fill out and save.

Former Community Member
Can you tell us more about the Reader Extension Server and how to right enable our forms? I am having this same issue. Thanks!

Former Community Member
I am having the same issue!! I've been searching the site to find out how much it costs and where i can download a trial of the extension but the site took me around in circles.

Also i was trying to figure out - once the online PDF form has been filled out - can it be emailed in PDF format and retain the information in the form? I think the extension is needed for this also?

Former Community Member
Check out the company called formrouter.com. They have a service that will add the reader extensions you need for normal reader users to save, edit, email, etc. completed pdf fill in forms.

Former Community Member
I'm also researching how to create fillable forms and have users at 22 locations fill them out, save the filled form locally, send the filled in (but still editable) forms as an email attachment to the Corp office for revisions and then have the Corp office lock, or flatten, the form so it's no longer editable, to the originating location to be printed/posted/filed.

Acrobat Pro 7 can do the creation of the fillable forms I need. It includes LiveCycle Designer 7. But, it appears I need LiveCycle Reader Extensions to allow users to fill in and save the form locally with Adobe Reader. I can, however, find no price info for LC Reader Extensions on the Adobe site...and no reference as to whether Reader Extensions is an included module in LiveCycle Designer 7.

If LC Reader Extensions isn't included in Acrobat Pro 7's LiveCycle Designer 7...and if it's separate costs are too steep (which some forum posts refer too), I'm thinking I can go with something like CutePDF's FormFiller which can fill out and save completed fillable PDF forms locally. I'd rather make use the "free" Adobe Reader, but $29 bucks times 22 locations isn't that bad.

Does anybody know if LiveCycle Reader Extensions is included in LiveCycle Designer 7?...anybody know the cost?...any other form filling/saving options besides FormFiller?

Former Community Member
Reader Extensions is not included in Designer, it is a product on it's own. There is no set price, you would need to contact an Adobe account rep. to get a quote.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Level 1
FormRouter just announced this week that Reader Extensions are now as low as $125 per enabled PDF page. Sounds like that may be more economical than the $29X22 for Cute.

FormRouter

Good luck!

Dimitri

WindJack Solutions

www.windjack.com

Former Community Member
Thanks for the responses Chris and Dimitri.

I have a call into Adobe for LC Reader Extensions pricing info. I'm also checking into FormRouter which is a nice option depending on how custom we can get our forms to look.

I did get info back from Acro Software re: CutePDF Form Filler and it will accomplish everything we initially need to do once our forms are converted to fillable PDF's. If we go that route, we'll be picking up Acrobat 7 Pro and putting in some man-hours getting our forms ready.

Thanks again for the help.

George