Expand my Community achievements bar.

How Can I Programmatically populate Form Fields and print ?

Former Community Member
Hello

I am not a new programmer but this has been a surpisingly difficult issue.

I hope that someone can help me to do what should be quite straight forward.

Can I be missing something ?

---

What i am trying to do is :

Develop a C# program which runs on a client computer to:

1. Read through a number of internal source files. (format variable)

2 - read an Adobe Acrobat 9.0 PDF form which is authored and supplied by a state or federal governmental agency.

3. locate uniquely named text fields in the PDF file specification or document tree that can be programmatically updated with the specific information needed for each field as records are processed.

4. Print out each form after it is updated.

It is my understanding that this might be able to be accomlished using

XFA and XDP but that there may be some unique processing requirements on my part .... requirements not clear ... this is anecdotal information as I have no written information except the XFA specification doc doesnt necessarily help me with accessing the PDF information directly until I read more

I am hoping that my requirement is clearly stated so that I can be told if I am close to the correct approach using Adobe SDk's or utilities - Since I do not know what is available

I am quite versed using XSD and XML and feel comfortable with the possibility that I might be able to do this... but i need to have a bit more information and i am hoping that this is the place to get it .

I use XSD to help automate application development and I can see where this would be useful for PDF forms but the information is very sprarse on usage issues.

This is as far as I have gotten and it has taken me far longer than I would have ever imagined to learn only this much information

I appreciate any assistance with this matter

Thanks
16 Replies