FYI - and mine too 🙂
To create a data connection and embed a schema into a form design:
1. Select Edit > New Data Connection. The New Data Connection dialog box appears.
2. In the Get Data Description From list, select XML Schema and click Next.
3. Beside the Select XML Schema File box, click Browse . The Open XML Schema File dialog box
4. Select LiveCycle ES Server > Schemas > mortgageLoanSchema.xsd [#1.0] and click OK.
5. In the New Data Connection dialog box, select Embed XML Schema, and then click Finish. A list of fields
appear in the Data View palette.
Note: Select Palettes > Data View if the Data View palette is not visible.
6. Save your form design.
You have imported and embedded a schema into your form design. The Data View palette should look like
➤ To add fields to the form design using a schema:
1. Drag MortgageFields from the Data View palette onto the left side of your form design, below Step1:
Mortgage Information:. A group of fields appear, based on the schema. The data connections will be
set for each field automatically.
Note: If the message stating There is insufficient space on the form for the pasted content appears,
click OK and move the group of fields closer to the left border.
2. With the group still selected, hold down the Control key and select the Step1: Mortgage Information:
3. Select Layout > Align > Left.
4. Select Insert > Unwrap Subform so that these fields are no longer grouped together. This step makes it
easier to reposition individual fields later in this tutorial.