Expand my Community achievements bar.

Attention: Experience League Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, August 20th between 10-11 PM PDT. During this time, the Community and its content will not be accessible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Help needed to introduce a page break

Former Community Member
Hi ,

I have a repeated subform with xml data_instance like this(data.xml) :

State A

Premium Period A

Premium Period B

State B

Premium Period A1

Premium Period B1

I have created the subforms structure also and working fine.

I want whenever the state changes i want to go to the next page .

I have tried setting all the options like Place and After but the designer geenrates the blank pages either at the top or at the last .

a. How do i get rid of the extra blank page
OR
How do i acheive the page break whenever state changes.
Please help me asap as i have wasted lot of time int his.

Many Thanks
Mohit Gupta
3 Replies

Former Community Member
I believe the new Conditional Break feature in Designer 7.1 can help you solve this problem. It'll let you specify an expression which compares the previous value of the section_name field with the value of the current instance of section_name and, if they're different, insert a page break to the top of the next page.

Assuming the basic structure inferred by the Data View palette when you drag & drop the options node onto the form, make the page subform Flowed (using the Content property Object palette's Subform tab), make the options subform repeatable (using the Object palette's Binding tab) and then go to the Object palette's Pagination tab on the options subform. There, you'll see a middle section labeled
Conditional Breaks with an Edit button that'll be enabled. Click on that to set an expression like this (in FormCalc):

options[-1].section_name ne options.section_name

where the Break property is set to
Before and the To property is set to
Top of Next Page.

The result will be a form which lists each section on its own page without have a superfluous blank page.

I've attached a sample form based on your sample data which breaks whenever the state changes.

Stefan

Adobe Systems

Former Community Member
Hi Stefan,

Thanks for reply.

The sample you have sent will work in Adobe Designer 7.1 right?

Mohit

Former Community Member
Yes, it was designed with 7.1. You'll also need a minimum of Acrobat 7.0.5.

Stefan

Adobe Systems