Expand my Community achievements bar.

Help displaying data from a TextField

Former Community Member
Hi,

I'm evaluating Adobe Designer for my company and I need it to handle the following use case. Can someone help me with the 'how to'?

I have a text field on a form that is enabled for rich text/XHTML and multi-lined. My users commonly cut and paste from Microsoft Word formatted XHTML content and past the content into this text field.

When I receive the form XML via email from my users, I can read it fine in Adobe Pro. I tried to paste the formatted text from the textfield into a web form that I use for other business activities. I noticed that I couldn't paste the content of the textfield into my web form. I also don't own the web form so I can't modify it or investigate this behavior. However, I did notice that when I opened up the Form xml in a text editor, highlighted the XHTML content and pasted it into the web form, it worked.

So, I'm wondering, is there a way to show the textfield's XHTML on my Adobe form? I'm hoping that I can use a button to trigger the display of the XHTML to render in a second textfield for example? That way I don't have to open the XML file in a text editor in addition to opening the XML form in Adobe pro. I tried looking at scripting using the textField1.rawText value but that only displays the formatted text and not the complete XHTML content in the second textfield.

thanks,

Mario
0 Replies