Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Giving Document Information

Former Community Member
Hi Group,

First of all, I am working with a german version and for that reason I am

not sure about the correctness of the descriptions.

I created a static form and gave them under Fiel > Form Properties the

information regarding Titel and Author.

After syving the form I opened it in Adobe Acrobat 7 and checked the

Document Properties, but there is no information. And it is not possible to

give information to this document, because the fields a not available.

Furthermore, it is not possible to give configurations how the form should

appear when opening it. These field are also grey and not available.

How could I solve the problem and give proper information to the form either

in Designer or in Acrobat 7.

Thanks

Christian
5 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Group,

First of all, I am working with a german version and for that reason I am

not sure about the correctness of the descriptions.

I created a static form and gave them under Fiel > Form Properties the

information regarding Titel and Author.

After syving the form I opened it in Adobe Acrobat 7 and checked the

Document Properties, but there is no information. And it is not possible to

give information to this document, because the fields a not available.

Furthermore, it is not possible to give configurations how the form should

appear when opening it. These field are also grey and not available.

How could I solve the problem and give proper information to the form either

in Designer or in Acrobat 7.

Thanks

Christian

Former Community Member
I just want to repeat your question so other users might get a better chance finding this post when they search this forum for the same question. Your requestion is "why are the title ,description and other information that i added in File>Form Properties>Info tab not displaying".

Answer: Currently Acrobat (and some other Adobe products) use Adobe's XMP Metadata (Extensible Metedata Platform). Unfortunately, at this time, the Adobe Designer does not support XMP, the metadata (form information) is part of the XDP (form template) and is accessible through the XFA object model.

Former Community Member
Hi,<br /><br /><jimmypham@adobeforums.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag <br />news:3bbb346a.1@webx.la2eafNXanI...<br />>I just want to repeat your question so other users might get a better <br />>chance finding this post when they search this forum for the same question. <br />>Your requestion is "why are the title ,description and other information <br />>that i added in File>Form Properties>Info tab not displaying".<br />><br />> Answer: Currently Acrobat (and some other Adobe products) use Adobe's XMP <br />> Metadata (Extensible Metedata Platform). Unfortunately, at this time, the <br />> Adobe Designer does not support XMP, the metadata (form information) is <br />> part of the XDP (form template) and is accessible through the XFA object <br />> model.<br /><br />Does adobe plan an update for this problem?<br /><br />Christian

Former Community Member
Yeah what is up with this? Why cant I enter Document Properties into a form created in Designer? That is LAME!

Former Community Member
Trinix,

I believe Adobe is aware of this imparity and consider to add XMP support for a future release of LiveCycle Designer.