Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Getting "Take this form offline" to work

Former Community Member
Hey folks,

I have a form served through Workspace and rendered through a custom render service (for pre-population with database and ldap data). I want to allow the user wants to be able to take the form offline using the Workspace button "Take this form offline". I've configured the "Incoming Email" section here:

Home > Services > Adobe LiveCycle Process Management ES > Server Settings > Email Settings

After pressing the button, the user saves the PDF to disk and then opens it. When he presses the submit button a new email message is created with the PDF's XDP (i.e. the form data) attached. The significant contents of that data, from Process Management's perspective, are as follows:

My user CN

testing@ourmailserver.com
http://devserver:8080/workspace-server/submit

The email is sent and appears in the inbox of "testing@ourmailserver.com". However, this message is never read by Process Management. That is, the mail server is never connected to by LiveCycle. I can telnet into the account via port 110 from the LC ES server so connectivity is not the problem.

My server is patched to SP 1B and I have heard that this did work in the initial release of ES. Did something break or am I missing something. It really looks like the "Incoming Email" settings (mentioned above) do nothing at all. I shouldn't need an email end point to do this, should I? The task ID is known (it's in the data), so why isn't LC consuming the email?

Thanks!
Fred
1 Reply

Former Community Member
Hi

Were you able to fix your problem?If not mail me mergeandfuse@gmail.com