Expand my Community achievements bar.

Getting "Take this form offline" to work

Former Community Member
Hey folks,

I have a form served through Workspace and rendered through a custom render service (for pre-population with database and ldap data). I want to allow the user wants to be able to take the form offline using the Workspace button "Take this form offline". I've configured the "Incoming Email" section here:

Home > Services > Adobe LiveCycle Process Management ES > Server Settings > Email Settings

After pressing the button, the user saves the PDF to disk and then opens it. When he presses the submit button a new email message is created with the PDF's XDP (i.e. the form data) attached. The significant contents of that data, from Process Management's perspective, are as follows:

My user CN

testing@ourmailserver.com
http://devserver:8080/workspace-server/submit

The email is sent and appears in the inbox of "testing@ourmailserver.com". However, this message is never read by Process Management. That is, the mail server is never connected to by LiveCycle. I can telnet into the account via port 110 from the LC ES server so connectivity is not the problem.

My server is patched to SP 1B and I have heard that this did work in the initial release of ES. Did something break or am I missing something. It really looks like the "Incoming Email" settings (mentioned above) do nothing at all. I shouldn't need an email end point to do this, should I? The task ID is known (it's in the data), so why isn't LC consuming the email?

Thanks!
Fred
1 Reply

Former Community Member
Hi

Were you able to fix your problem?If not mail me mergeandfuse@gmail.com