Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

generate PDF using Java API,

Former Community Member
Hi, we have LiveCycle deployed on Websphere 6, from my windows workstation I am writing a java API to generate a pdf given a form design xdp file and sample xml data, I am calling this function

OutputResult outputDocument = outClient.generatePDFOutput(
TransformationFormat.PDF,

"test.xdp",

"\\sys2home\\wasadm\\Adobe",

outputOptions,

pdfOptions, inXMData);

it complains

Failed to load TemplateStream for FormQuery=test.xdp from location URI =\sys2home\wasadm\Adobe. in com.adobe.livecycle.formsservice.exception.RenderFormException

I don't know what the third parameter should be, the documentation says it should be A string value that specifies the content root where the form design is located.

but is this on my machine or on the server machine? I tried both but always complains can't locate the form

can someone help ??
1 Reply

Former Community Member
I had the same trouble before.

The third parameter could be your local path or repository root. In the last case you should use a value "repository://" or something like that, which points to a repository root on the server. I can't say anything about if you can load an xdp file from a computer, other than yours or server.

I had bypassed this problem by setting PDFOutputOptionsSpec parameter to null. Reading result document in this case will look like outputDocument.getGeneratedDoc().copyToFile(resultFile).

I hope this will somehow help you.